The internet is not very strong here, so I may have trouble posting regularly. We'll see how it goes.
Today, we meandered our way out of the big city to our condo. The kids were a lot grumpier today, probably because they are sleep deprived and tired of traveling. But once we got to the condo, they all cheered up considerably.
I really love our condo! We made a good choice. It's in the same complex where Steve's parents and he stayed when they came to pick him up from his mission. Even though it's a bit older, it is very roomy and recently remodeled. I really like the decor: very cute and "beachy."
We have three floors, with the girls in 2 bedrooms on the middle floor, and our room at the top with a wonderful balcony and ocean views. The girls each have their own bed. The beach is just a few steps away from our back door. We weren't able to play in the water much today, but the girls are planning to spend most of the day out there tomorrow.
Now that I have finally gotten here, I want to spend the day tomorrow doing pretty much nothing and trying to get my body over this nasty cold! Steve and I are both still hacking pretty often.
The humidity has played havoc with our hair. (You knew I would bring the topic around to hair somehow, right?) Mine has gotten kind-of frizzy, as has Katie's. She likes it straight, so she isn't too happy. Megan's hair has curled up really pretty. She has all kinds of ringlets going on. I wish her hair could look like that at home!
The condo complex has a lot of security here. There's a guard always on duty, riding a bike around the grounds, and you have to go through two gates to get in, so we feel pretty safe. I like that, because it's nice to open all the doors and let the ocean breezes waft through the condo during the day.
We picked up some groceries and came home with some local fruit I've been excited to try. Steve told me many times about guineos--mini bananas. So, we got some today and they were really good. I like them better than traditional bananas. We also got some huge, ripe mangos. They were delicious! We intend to buy a lot more fruit from a local stand soon, especially since the fruit we bought today is rapidly disappearing!
| Making a mad dash for the beach! |
| "En mi viejo San Juan...." Steve was glad to come "home." |
Looks & sounds wonderful! I hope you feel better soon. (:
ReplyDelete