Today we drove down to Phoenix where we'll catch a flight to Puerto Rico tomorrow. Steve and I are both fighting off bad colds, and I completely lost my voice today. Steve has a terrible sore throat, so we were communicating with the kids in sign language. Plus, we both have stopped up ears from the change in elevation. I told Steve this is good practice: someday it might be like this all the time! ;-)
The kids traveled really well and kept themselves entertained pretty much the whole way. Hopefully, that trend will continue for our long flights tomorrow.
The girls are all really excited. Rachel said she had flutters in her tummy this morning, just like Christmas. This is the furthest and longest they've ever traveled from home. My hope is that this trip makes up for all the times we had to tell them, "no, you can't do that [insert extracurricular activity] because Mom has [insert various doctor appointments and cancer treatments]."
When we originally planned this vacation, we thought I would be completely done with all things cancer-related. Then my surgery got postponed, so I still have one big hurdle to go over--plus I won't look as good in a bathing suit as I hope I will after they're done sculpting me--but overall, the worst is behind us, and good times are ahead!
I hope you have a fabulous vacation! I wish I was going too :)
ReplyDelete