Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Child's Paradise

Yesterday, we spent most of the day at a children's museum in the city. The kids absolutely loved it!

We arrived about the same time as several large groups of kids. I think they were from summer camps, or school groups, or something. As we tried to go through the exhibits, we were jostled by the crowds, and the kids didn't get to try each thing very long before they had to give someone else a turn. So, after awhile of this, Steve and I got a bit frustrated with the crowds, and I suggested we go back to the car, eat our lunch, then return to the museum when it would, hopefully, be less crowded. (Our passes were good all day.)  This proved to be a good plan, even though the kids were not happy to leave, even temporarily.  When we got back, it was far less crowded, and the girls were able to spend as long as they wanted at each exhibit.

We've been to a few children's museums over the years, from one Katie loved in Grand Junction when she was just over a year old, to one in Arizona near where Grandma used to live.  The kids have enjoyed them all, but I think this one was by far the best we've visited. The exhibits were all in English and Spanish, so the kids could read them, and there were some really great things for kids, not just to play with, but to learn from too.










They even had a real airplane (retired now) that we got to tour!

When we finally left, at closing time, we stopped by a panaderia to get some baked goodies and fresh bread.  They have 2 delicious breads here: pan de agua (which is similar to French bread) and pan sopao, which is softer and sweeter. When I get home, I want to try to master the techniques of baking both kinds.  They're very yummy!


1 comment:

  1. Love that pictures! That looks like a lot of fun! (:

    ReplyDelete