Friday, August 3, 2012

More Thoughts on Strength

A young friend of mine recently wrote a poem for me.  Reading it, I don't feel that I measure up to the strength that she attributes to me.  However, it is something I aspire to.  I hope that I can be strong in the face of this trial.  I have so many moments of weakness, times when I wish so desperately it would all just go away and never return.  But I continue to muddle through and keep a smile on my face as much as I can.  Hopefully, by the end of my ordeal, I can feel like I better deserve my kind young friend's words.

She gave me permission to post her poem here.  I hope it inspires all of us to be the best we can be!


Strength

We all think we’re strong
One way or another
Greater than everyone else

But sometimes
There is one who is
Stronger than the rest
With the strength to carry on

With faith and hope
They strive for the impossible
Giving all they can

They smile when they want to cry
And they lift others up as they go
Even when they’re hurt
They never stop

They won’t let themselves fall
They’ll stand up with an unknown
Strength

They’ll show something nameless
Something mysterious in this life
A power unreachable
For most

Even through the storm
They won’t shatter
They’ll just play in the rain

Making the best out of life
They’ll just laugh and smile
Knowing that tomorrow
Everything will be great

That their life was fulfilled
To the best it could
Have been

And that everything was
Worth it
In the end


No comments:

Post a Comment