I'm coming out of one of the most difficult times I've had so far with cancer. I guess knowing in your head that it will be hard, and actually experiencing it are two different things. My morale has been at an all-time low. But there is a light at the end of every tunnel.
Yesterday, I finally pulled free of the worst symptoms, and the relief sent my spirits soaring. Cancer is very much the proverbial roller coaster ride. There are days when I'm at the bottom, and I wonder how I can go on. But then I climb back out and find faith and light again.
I'm also learning to feel joy in simple things and use it to battle the blues brought on by those low spots. Steve took me for a drive in the mountains. He stopped to hop out of the car and pick me a wildflower because I thought they were pretty. The sun sparkled on its leaves.
We had a five minute rain storm that brought a short respite from the drought and a clean fresh scent to the air. I watched the storm clouds from my bedroom window until it was too dark to see.
I saw my first rainbow in months, and it occurred to me that all of these small beauties are God's way of sending us peace to soothe us through the hard times, if we just make enough effort to notice them.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment