Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vacation

For the first time, the nurse had some trouble last Monday with my port.  I guess it was clogged or something.  After flushing it with saline several times, he finally got it working.  So, that was a little out of the usual routine.

I only have 1 more treatment of abraxane left, then I switch to a different drug for 4 three-week treatments.  That means I'm almost halfway through chemo.  Hurray!

I haven't written anything for awhile because I've been away from home for a week and a half.  We decided to stay with my parents for the week between 2 treatments and get "2 for the price of 1."  All the kids are out of school now, so we also had the whole crew with us. 

To keep everyone sane, I planned a simple activity each day that would get us out of the house, but not be too exhausting for me.  It was a fun week, and I found myself actually forgetting, at times, that I have cancer.  Here's some highlights:

Feeding the only duck on the pond.  He wasn't very hungry.
The fancy studios at the new KBYU building we toured.  I used to run one of those cameras for real!
The whole gang at the Bean Museum...being charged by an elephant? ;-)
All the kids were enchanted to meet Hedwig (Harry Potter's pet) at the museum!
Eating ice cream at the BYU Creamery--YUM YUM!
Touching animal furs at a "mini" Mountain Man Rendezvous.


No comments:

Post a Comment