Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You Will Be Assimilated

When I got my "port" put in--which is a device surgically placed under my skin that allows easy access to my veins--I joked that I felt like a Borg, from the Star Trek series.  Having the port is lots easier than getting an IV each time.  I feel like I get plugged into the "collective" every week.  The other day, someone asked me when I would post a picture of my bald head on here.  Well, here it is.  And now that you've seen it, watch out--because the Borg like to "assimilate" everyone they come in contact with! ;-)

This week, Steve is still recovering from his surgery, so my sister-in-law took time out of her own busy life to drive me up to treatments.  Here at home, the Relief Society took care of my family with more food than we can eat in about a month--so we're sitting pretty for awhile.  I'm so amazed and grateful for all the support and help we've gotten--and are still getting--from our family and friends.  You've all been fantastic!

I met with my oncologist Monday and found out the plan for my summer.  I have 3 more weekly treatments, and then I will change to a different chemo medicine.  I'll only have to get it every 3 weeks, but it's a stronger medicine and I may have more trouble with symptoms.  A huge relief to me is that my kids are out of school now, so we'll be able to take them on our treatment trips this summer (or am I really assimilating them?....hmmmm).

2 comments: