Whenever I start to feel sorry for myself, the Lord snaps me out of it by sending me someone who needs help. This time, it was my own husband.
The night before my last treatment, Steve woke with terrible pain in his abdomen. I took him to the emergency room, and we eventually discovered that he has gallstones. This means he will need surgery to remove his gallbladder. Fortunately, the pain has subsided for now. He's scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning here at home.
Our roles are reversed, as I drive him to doctor appointments and hospitals. I'm grateful, once again, that I don't have any difficult chemo symptoms, because it's my turn to be the strong one and take care of him, for a change.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grandpa used to say 'it never rains but it pours.' The timing could always be worse. Like this week, Denise had a blowout on the van going to tball game with Bekah. She was just a few miles away and I was at home and came right down to swap cars and put on the spare. It was warm and sunny. It could have happened two days later - today - when she is miles away in Indianapolis, in rush hour traffic, on a freeway. That day had been a rough one all day for her, but in retrospect, things could have happened much worse so we counted it as one to be grateful for. Our best wishes go out to you.
ReplyDeleteEverything could always be worse: we just have to look for the good and count our blessings, right? :)
Delete