But later, during the treatment, I pulled out my headphones to talk to the nurse, and a handful of hairs came with it! It was the beginning of the end.
I haven't cut my hair since I was diagnosed, and it was getting relatively long. I'm not too keen on messy hair everywhere, so I decided: Why prolong the inevitable?
On Wednesday night, I told my four girls they could each have a turn to play the "haircut lady" with a section of my hair. Boy, did they have fun! My four-year-old cut very carefully in small snips, leaving most of the length. My eleven-year-old snipped as close to my head as she could. Fortunately, nobody trimmed my ears. In the end, my new "do" was impressive, but I let Steve finish the job with a buzz. (I wasn't brave enough to shave it all off, yet.)So, now I wear something on my head all the time. It's been a little chilly, not having that hairy insulation on top, especially since the spring weather took a turn toward snow and cold this week. I've packed a handful of hats and scarves for my next treatment in a couple of days. Now, I really feel like a true-blue member of the chemo club!

No comments:
Post a Comment