Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Secret Santa

I have a little bit of home here with me this week, in the form of my youngest daughter.  It's been fun having her with me.  I have somebody to take care of again. :)

Last night, I took her to Ihop to have breakfast for dinner.  Jess had pancakes, while I had my favorite stuffed french toast with blueberries.  When it was time for the waitress to give us our check, she was interrupted by someone signaling her elsewhere.  I didn't think anything of it until she came back a little while later and told us that an anonymous friend had payed for our meal.  I was stunned.  Nothing like that has ever happened to me before. 

I peered unobtrusively around the restaurant, trying to figure out who it was, but no one gave a clue.  What a kind, generous act!  I was deeply touched.  My only regret was that I could not thank them.

My family and I have been the recipients of many kind and generous acts during this last year.  They have brightened my day and lightened my load.  It's not so hard to go through cancer treatments with such generous friends and family to help you out.  So, thank you to everyone who has served us and continues to help us.  I hope someday I will be able to repay the favor, or at least to pass on this legacy of service to someone else in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment