I just wanted to offer a quick update, for those who wonder if I'm still down-and-out and that's why I haven't written for awhile.
Actually, I'm doing very well. Life has returned to a semblance of normalcy, and I've been busy enough that I haven't gotten around to my blog . . . so that's a good thing. ;-) I was getting really tired of sitting around doing nothing all day. That may be fun for one day, but when it's a couple of weeks, it gets old.
For awhile I should be able to stand on my own two feet and take care of my family. Not that I don't appreciate all the help we've gotten--everyone has been wonderful!--but it's nice for me to be able to cook meals and do some cleaning around the house. I still can't push or lift with my arms, so my sister-in-law came over yesterday to mop and vacuum. She's so awesome!
The next step on my cancer road is radiation. That will start on November 14th. My original plan was to get an apartment in Salt Lake (since radiation treatments are daily), but we found out that I WILL be able to participate in a clinical trial that will be many less treatments than we'd originally planned for. So, I'm going to live with my sister in Pleasant Grove until radiation is done, about the end of November or first week of December.
We're very excited that Steve's parents will get home from their mission next week. We're anxious to see them again. They'll be here in plenty of time for Megan's birthday, and to help out on the home front while I'm missing in action for radiation.
And one other good thing I have to mention: my hair is growing back! Yeah! It's like baby hair--soft and fuzzy. Jessie likes to stand next to my chair and rub her cheek on top of my head. It's about the length of a military cut right now, so I look like G.I. Jane. Maybe another month or two, and I might even be able to go out in public without a hat. :-)
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment