Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Power of Prayers

I don't have a lot of stamina right now, but I wanted to give everyone a quick update on my status.  I went in for surgery on Monday morning.  The doctors said everything went very well, although I was in surgery 2 hours longer than they predicted--making a total of 5 hours.  Then it took me about an hour to wake up.  It was a little stressful for my family, waiting so long, but I didn't know the difference. :)

I'm not in as much pain as I expected.  I got to leave the hospital yesterday, and now I'm staying with my parents while I recover.  We'll go home next week after follow-up doctor visits.

I want to let everyone know how very grateful I am for all of the prayers and fasting!  Someone told me today that I'm "tough as nails."  Well, I never really considered myself tough, so I know that the burden of this surgery was eased because of all of your prayers.  The Lord has truly blessed me, and made my burdens light.  Thank you so much for all you've done for me and my family!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you are doing well! We will continue to pray for your recovery and pray for your family. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete